Fishing for pike with wobblers is an exciting activity that is popular with both experienced anglers and beginners who want to catch their first treasured specimen of toothy with a recently purchased tackle. The pike is a formidable predator that can be caught with many existing
spinning lures .
Rattlin wobblers are good when fishing for pike in late autumn at the end of October – in November [/ caption] Wobblers catch pike most often in the spring before spawning and
in autumn, when the striped predator walks throughout the reservoir, regardless of the depth, and feeds on everything that comes along the way. Wobblers in most cases are used for fishing medium and large pike, therefore the most popular are medium and large wobblers of the
roll and shed types – depending on the fishing conditions, shallow, mid-water and deep-water wobblers are used.
Wobblers for pike fishing – wide range [/ caption]
- Classification of wobblers used for pike fishing
- Size and weight of wobblers for pike fishing
- Immersion depth
- By type of structure
- What you need to pay attention to when choosing a wobbler for fishing pike
- What to fish for pike in the spring – catchy minnows, cranks and other types of wobblers
- Top 3 minnow wobblers for spring
- Top-3 wobblers for pike fishing in spring
- Top 3 Surface Poppers for Pike – Workers in Spring
- Top wobblers for catching pike in summer – rating of the best lures for the warm season
- Top 3 minnows for pike fishing in summer
- Best summer pike rolls
- Top 3 Poppers for Pike Fishing in Summer
- Wobblers for pike fishing in autumn
- Top 3 Crank wobblers for pike fishing in the fall
- Top 3 surface lures for pike fishing in the fall
- Top 3 budget wobblers for pike fishing
- Deep-sea wobblers (divers) for toothed
- 130th wobblers for pike
- Putting the box together for a beginner!
- Box one
- Second box for fishing pike at depth
- Поделиться ссылкой:
Classification of wobblers used for pike fishing
To have a better idea of such a bait as a wobbler, you need to familiarize yourself with the existing species. Wobblers differ in size and weight, form factor, color, degree of immersion and type of structure. It is on the basis of all these and parameters that one of them is chosen for the upcoming fishing, and the features of the reservoir are also taken into account. Consider all types of wobblers that are used when fishing for pike.
Size and weight of wobblers for pike fishing
By size, wobblers are classified into small, medium and large.
- Small wobblers weighing up to 5-8 grams are designed for fishing perch and small pike. The weight of such baits is up to 6-10 grams. Most often used at shallow depths of up to 1.5 meters.
- Medium wobblers have a weight of 10 to 25 grams, and a length of 8 to 15 cm. These are the most used universal wobblers, which are used everywhere and practically for catching all types of predators. Common for pike and pike perch fishing.
- Heavy wobblers are used quite rarely and most often for catching large fish at great depths. Such wobblers are used to catch catfish, large pike, large pike perch, asp and even some marine fish species. They have a weight of 15-20 grams and a length of 11 to 18 cm.
According to the degree of immersion, wobblers are:
- Very shallow – surface – immersion up to 0.5 meters.
- Shallow dives – the degree of immersion is up to 1 meter.
- Medium diving, universal – immersion depth up to 1.5 meters.
- Deep diving – diving depth from 3 to 5 meters.
- Very deep diving (drivers) – diving depth from 10 to 12 meters.
Wobbler for pike fishing in shallow water [/ caption]
The buoyancy of wobblers is more important when choosing a lure for fishing pike:
- Floating – sinking speed depends on how fast the angler is driving. Pop up quickly when the reel handle stops rotating.
- Fast pop – up – the diving speed is fast, and when the retrieve is stopped, the bait pops up quickly – almost instantly.
- Slow pop – up – when the bait is driven, it sinks faster than it pops up after stopping the drive.
- Sinking – this type of wobblers completely sinks to the bottom after the wiring stops.
- Slow sinking – a subspecies of the previous type of wobblers, which sink much more slowly than ordinary sinkers.
- Fast sinking – a subspecies of sinking wobblers, which have the ability to quickly sink to the bottom. Classification of wobblers by buoyancy [/ caption]
- Wobblers with neutral buoyancy – or suspenders, wobblers, which are capable of, as it were, hovering at the water level at which they were left during posting. They are not affected by depth or other factors.
Garry Angler Killer Bite – slow sinking deep-sea wobbler for pike fishing [/ caption]
By type of structure
There are a huge number of wobblers that are suitable for different fishing conditions. Let’s consider the main types of wobblers.
- Minnow – translated from English means minnow. This wobbler has an elongated body and resembles a fry. The most common type of wobblers used to catch many predatory fish. Animation – twitching, different amplitude and frequency of twitching with a rod. Most often recommended for pike fishing.
- Cranks are rounded wobblers, used to catch a wide variety of fish species at various depths. The wobbler has an excellent game of its own and is used everywhere. Most often, cranks are used for catching chub , perch and trout, but crankbaits also show themselves quite well when fishing for pike. It works especially well when fishing passive pike on a slow drive.
- Poppers are wobblers designed for catching pike on the surface of the water . Poppers are somewhat similar in structure to a pencil. They have a recess in the face where the fastening ring is installed. For pike, powerful loud gurgling models are used.
- Darter is a wobbler with a narrowish body, somewhat reminiscent of a minnow. Its front is cut at an angle. When navigating, it shows a low-frequency game that, in addition to pike, they like such fish species as catfish, pike perch and large perch.
- Swimbaits are models of wobblers made of soft materials, divided into several parts and connected to each other by means of a hinge. Massive lures, good for pike in the fall. Has a special, high-frequency play.
- Shads are wobblers that look like a small herring. They are slightly taller than the minnow and their sides are more flattened. There are suspenders, floating and sinking. Floating shads and suspenders are used for fishing in stagnant water, and sinking ones – in the current.
So, we are finished with the types of wobblers and their purpose. In the future, we’ll talk about what you need to pay attention to when choosing a wobbler.
What you need to pay attention to when choosing a wobbler for fishing pike
When choosing a wobbler, several factors must be taken into account. The main ones are the
weather , the place of fishing and its peculiarities, the intended catch, as well as the time of the year in which the fishing will be carried out. For passive pike, wobblers with a sluggish game are used – rolls and sheds, for active – minnow with an aggressive anima. Many anglers also use universal wobblers, which are suitable for fishing in different conditions and are attractive not for one, but for several types of prey at once. However, in this collection we will certainly talk about the pike. https://tytkleva.net/lovlya-xishhnoj-ryby/spinning/strategiya-i-taktika/v-kakuyu-pogodu-luchshe-lovit-shhuku.htm Best wobblers for pike fishing in spring: https://youtu.be/ z2dBoTEOt2k
What to fish for pike in the spring – catchy minnows, cranks and other types of wobblers
Top 3 minnow wobblers for spring
- Megabass Vision Oneten . This wobbler is perfect for fishing in troubled waters in spring. The recommended depth for fishing is 1-2 meters. The cost of the wobbler is 2238 rubles. The weight of the bait is 14 grams. A great find for spring fishing. But it works throughout the season. There is a deep model with a depth of 2-3 meters. Megabass Vision Oneten Jr 98sp [/ caption]
- Deps Balisong Minnow . Large pike 130 wobbler, capable of going to a depth of 1.5 to 2 meters. Balisong weighs 25 grams. Price: 2046 rubles. Deps Balisong Minnow 130 [/ caption]
- Jackall Rerange 130 MR. Large wobbler weighing 24 grams. Despite its large size, it can be used both in surface fishing and in the water column. Price: 2290 rubles.
Top-3 wobblers for pike fishing in spring
Pike spring rolls include:
- Kosadaka Cougar XD 50F . A very catchy and budget wobbler with a bright color, provoking a predator to grip in cool spring water. Due to its bright color, it also works well in turbid water. Price: 509 rubles.
- EverGreen Combat Crank SR . The wobbler shows itself well when fishing for pike in shallow water areas with a depth of one meter to one and a half meters. Differs in excellent play and durability. Price: 549 rubles.
- Ever Green Combat Crank 60 140 . High quality wobbler capable of diving to a depth of 1 to 2 meters. Ever Green Kombat weighs 14 grams. Although the price is too high, the quality justifies itself: 990 rubles.
Top 3 Surface Poppers for Pike – Workers in Spring
We recommend the following baits:
- Yokozuna Pakote F436 . Lightweight, superficial and extremely catchy popper. The popper weighs 4.5 grams. It shows itself perfectly in reservoirs with abundant aquatic vegetation. Price: 800 rubles.
- BULLER 60 Decathlon . An excellent, bright popper, reminiscent of a wounded fry. Has a number of advantages when fishing in waters with a high level of aquatic vegetation. Doesn’t require any special skills to play. Price: 499 rubles.
- Strike Pro Pike Pop . A very durable, high quality and catchy pike popper, used both in stagnant and fast water. Due to its color, it works well both in spring waters, and in ponds that are abundantly green with algae. Price: 387 rubles.
Fishing for pike on surface wobblers in the grass, on shallows and in overgrown canals – video for beginners and advanced spinningists: https://youtu.be/6sJDqTyR7RA
Top wobblers for catching pike in summer – rating of the best lures for the warm season
Top 3 minnows for pike fishing in summer
We recommend the following minnows for pike fishing:
- OSP Asura Rudra 130 SP . Rudra is one of the most famous wobblers – minnow. It has a good flight range due to its weight. Ideal for summer fishing when long range throws are required. Minnow has a weight of 20 grams. Depth from 1 meter to 2 meters. Price: 450 rubles. OSP Rudra 130 [/ caption]
- Strike Pro Scooter Minnow . This wobbler keeps well in the water column and is sensitive during wiring. Great for fishing in stagnant water and low flowing waters. The weight of the wobbler is 12 grams, and its length is 14 cm. Price Scooter Minnow: 550 rubles.
- Tsuribito Minnow 95F . The weight of the wobbler is 15 grams. Works great over long distances. Refers to slowly pop-up. Works both with weak and with increased flow. Suitable for fishing at medium depths of 2 to 4 meters. The price of a wobbler is 550 rubles.
Best summer pike rolls
We recommend the following models for catching pike on the rolls in summer:
- EG-164S Cranky 40 S . This model works well for pike fishing in shallow waters among the grass, but is also acceptable for use in medium depths. The weight of the wobbler does not exceed 8 grams. It has low hookability, which makes it possible to fish in rather hard-to-reach areas. Price: 480 rubles.
- Strike Pro Cranky Deep . The model is an improved modification with a large depth, which allows you to fish in deeper parts of the reservoir. It has a drop-like shape, and resembles a medium-sized representative of leucorrhoea in color, which causes special interest in large pike and zander. It has a length of 7 cm and a weight of 8 grams. Price: 430 rubles.
- Ever Green Combat Crank . A very interesting model. The creators tried to combine the well-known krenk with a fet and got a well-made bait. Works mainly at shallow depths. Depth from 1 to 1.5 meters. The weight of the wobbler does not exceed 10 grams. Average price for a model: 990 rubles.
Top 3 Poppers for Pike Fishing in Summer
Interesting models of pike poppers:
- Garry Angler Bubble Popper . An excellent model with the ability to penetrate up to one and a half meters. Refers to the slow-floating type. The average weight of the bait is 8-10 grams. Due to its acid coloring, it allows you to catch pike and perch in water bodies abundantly blooming with algae, and does not cause any excitement in them. Price: 325 rubles.
- AQUA 95mm . A catchy model showing excellent results at shallow depths of 2 to 3 meters. It has a depth of up to 1 meter. Due to its bright color, it allows the predator to find itself at fairly large distances. The bait weighs 12 grams. Price: 196 rubles.
- Pop Queen . High quality popper designed for fishing at medium depths. Able to go deep up to 2 meters. The popper weighs 16 grams, and its coloring attracts not only the pike, but also many other predators. It combines both white and red tones, making it look like a wounded white fish. Price: 1227 rubles.
Wobblers for pike fishing in autumn
The best minnows for pike fishing in the fall:
- R539 Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnow DD 110F . This minnow is designed for pike fishing in the fall. Its color combines greenish-golden tones, which distinguishes it from leaves flying into the reservoir and arouses particular interest in the fish. It has a weight of 15 grams, and the degree of penetration varies from 1.5 to 2.5 meters. It is primarily intended for pike fishing, but perch and asp are also quite attractive. Price: 915 rubles.
- Pontoon 21 JPP Marionette Minnow 90F-SR . This model is designed for fishing in clear water. It has a fairly working depth of up to 2 meters. The weight of the bait is 16 grams. It has a good flight range. Perfect for fishing for pike and large pike perch, bersh. Price: 630 rubles.
- Yo-zury R1125-HBGS Crystal Minnow F130 . A fast pop-up minnow working at medium ranges. It deepens up to 2 meters. The most effective fishing depth is 3 meters. It has a rather interesting color and a weight of 15 grams. Price: 900 rubles.
The best wobblers for catching pike in the grass, in shallow waters and in deep water areas – video review 2021: https://youtu.be/vJwTQuZrDbo
Top 3 Crank wobblers for pike fishing in the fall
High-quality working models:
- Tsuribito Baby Crank 35 S-SR 515 . This model helps to efficiently fish areas of the reservoir up to 2-4 meters deep. Depth from 1 to 1.5 meters. The weight of the bait is 8-12 grams. The color component creates a semblance of a goby or gudgeon, which many predators feed on. Price: 370 rubles.
- Zipbaits B-Switcher Rattler 2.0 505R . A bright and catchy model that provokes a predator and lures him from a fairly long distance thanks to a bright and ringing rattle. Works at medium distances. Depth up to 1.5 meters. Price: 850 rubles.
- Lucky Craft Medium Cra-Pea col. Mat Tiger 307 . The model works both at medium and shallow depths. Depth from 1 meter to 2 meters. Equipped with high quality tees. The wobbler pops up quickly, therefore it requires aggressive play. Kra-pea’s weight is 10-12 grams. Price: 800 rubles.
Top 3 surface lures for pike fishing in the fall
You can catch pike in shallow waters in autumn using the following models:
- Yo-Zuri EVA Popper 50F . The model has a depth of up to 10-20 cm, which allows it to be driven under the surface of the water. The weight of the wobbler is 10 grams. Due to the light color scheme. Ebapopper resembles a representative of white fish, which arouses the interest of pike and perch, as well as pike perch and bersh. Price: 500 rubles.
- Halco ROOSTA POPPER 45F . Great popper for fishing in cold water. In addition to pike, pike perch is also a favorite bait. The bait weighs 12 grams. Works at medium depths. Depth up to 3 meters. Price: 800 rubles.
- Strike Pro Pike Pop Mini 45 . A good surface wobbler is a popper designed for fishing in grassy places where no spinner or bobber can reach . It can be buried up to 2 meters. Slowly pop-up. Price: 390 rubles.
Top 3 budget wobblers for pike fishing
For novice spinning players, you should immediately purchase solid and catchy wobblers, but in the budget segment. Among those:
- German “GG Bandit” 120 mm . A budget model that has a number of useful properties and is in no way inferior to other expensive wobblers. Has a wide range of weights and sizes. The weight of the middle model is 20 cm. It can be deepened up to 3 meters. Price: 300 rubles.
- Grows Culture Bent Minnow . A popular lure with a unique geometric structure. Has an aggressive game on twitching, which attracts a predator. The ruler provides a variety of sizes. Price: 300 rubles.
- Temper S RUBICON . Wobbler of the budget segment. Despite the low price, it copes well with its tasks. Weight 18 grams. It deepens up to 2-3 meters. Price: 160 rubles.
The best wobblers for fishing pike – rating of the top 10 lures for fishing in different conditions: https://youtu.be/w_oafUfCbNE
Deep-sea wobblers (divers) for toothed
Deep-water wobblers are a special type of wobblers capable of diving to great depths. It is customary to denote that deep-water wobblers are considered when they can go to a depth of 5-6 meters or more. Most often, deep-sea wobblers are used for trolling. That is, fishing is carried out: from a moving vessel. More details about pike fishing with trolling wobblers: https://tytkleva.net/lovlya-xishhnoj-ryby/trolling/voblery.htm It is also worth noting that deep-sea wobblers have their own game, which can be set using the uniform movement of the boat. Most often, this type of wobblers is used to catch large predatory fish such as catfish, pike perch, pike, asp and some sea fish. About spinning pike: https://tytkleva.net/lovlya-xishhnoj-ryby/spinning/strategiya-i-taktika/kak-pojmat-shhuku.htm
130th wobblers for pike
It is believed that 130 sizes of wobblers – minnow for pike are considered the most catchy, especially in autumn. Surprisingly, this is indeed the case! Wobblers, having a length of 12 to 14 cm, are the most catchy, because they are suitable both for catching medium-sized specimens of pike, and for catching large specimens of this type of fish. The fact is that the pike has a very developed jaw cavity. Even small specimens weighing 1 kilogram or more have huge mouths. The taste preferences of the predator are also interesting. The pike is an aggressive hunter, which is capable of attacking prey hardly less than itself during the period of hunger. It is for this that she needs such a huge mouth, with which even a small pike can swallow an impressive bait. This is such a universal size, it turns out.
Zipbaits Orbit 130 – excellent pike wobbler [/ caption]
Putting the box together for a beginner!
So, to summarize, I would like to help newbies reading this article. Consider several options for assembling a beginner’s box before fishing.
In the first box, you need to try to collect baits with which you can fish shallow areas of the reservoir with large aquatic vegetation. Poppers work best for this – they should be the main component of the box. It will also include SSR and SR rolls and sheds with a depth of up to a meter, plus a minnow with a working horizon of up to 1-1.5 meters. Ideal size poppers will be from 5 to 10 cm. They can be used to fish over overgrown areas of the reservoir. The depth of rolls and minnows should be from 0.5 meters and no more than 2 meters. It is also desirable that they float slowly, since the depth at the fishing point is not very large. Top catching wobblers for pike fishing in shallow and shallow waters: https://youtu.be/9Oh1IPDlGgQ
Second box for fishing pike at depth
In the second box we will assemble a set of wobblers with which you can fish in deeper areas without worrying about hooks due to their absence. At a depth of 1-3 meters, cranks are ideal for use, at depths of 2-5 meters or more, deep-sea minnows weighing 15 grams or more are also in demand.
OSP Rudra 130 [/ caption] Which of the existing baits to choose is up to the angler. However, it should be remembered that the outcome of the catch depends on how thorough the preparation is. Therefore, it is recommended to take this responsibly, weighing and thinking over the plan for the upcoming fishing.